The black truffle has long been considered the "king of all mushrooms". In fact, it has been called such since antiquity, having even been recorded in the Bible! The black truffle grows on trees in southern Europe and Northern Asia, with some species growing on roofs in the winter months. Black truffle is often the fruiting body of an underground ascomycete (a microscopic fungus) belonging to the family Tuberculata.
Ascomycetes are anaerobic (without an aerobic respiration process), which means that they do not need any air or oxygen to live. They are known to feed on dead plant and animal matter, although their favorite food remains sugary sugars found within decaying plant tissues, skin, and fur.
The Ascomycota fungi break down plant cell structures, releasing sugar molecules that help them reproduce. This sugar-feeding process is responsible for the production of a special kind of compound, acetate, which makes them toxic. By depleting the supply of this acid, the black truffle is killed by its toxic acids.
Acetate is produced by Ascomycota fungi when exposed to oxygen and sugar. It can also be produced by aerobic bacteria, fungi, yeasts, and protozoans.
In order to increase the number of Ascomycota fungi growing within your soil, you need to introduce different kinds of microorganisms, particularly beneficial bacteria, and fungi. Microorganisms that are rich in alkalinity but not as friendly to the Ascomycota fungi as other types are the best.
The black truffle salt is a great option for introducing beneficial microorganisms, which will help to kill off the harmful fungi. The salt is available in powder or tablet form and is ideal for use in conjunction with computers, aeration systems, and in other agricultural or horticultural settings. As mentioned, the truffle is quite toxic and therefore should not be consumed directly.
While the black truffles themselves are poisonous, they do not harm plants if they are left undigested. But it is important to note that this type of mushroom can be toxic when eaten, if you find that you are experiencing nausea after eating black truffles, it is advisable to go to your doctor immediately. It is highly advisable that you also consume a glass of water containing a little salt in addition to the black truffle salt.
The best time to harvest the mushrooms from their truffling beds is during spring or summer since the black truffles that grow during these months have higher levels of Ascomycota fungi. However, there is also a risk of fungi infecting the surface of your food and spoiling it, so make sure that you cook or eat the mushrooms before serving them. Also, avoid cooking the mushrooms with bleach because bleach will kill them.
Black truffles are a healthy addition to any diet and are often used in dishes such as bread, pizza, and even ice cream. They are a delicacy in many countries and are very popular for Christmas and Easter foods.
When harvested, the mushrooms are brittle and can easily break up into several small pieces. They are then packed and shipped to restaurants where they are usually served as part of a dish called "truffles" "mushroom ravioli". The word "truffles" comes from the Latin "trumina".
Ascomycota mushrooms can be harvested without having to worry about them being contaminated or discolored. This is important because many people have allergic reactions to the black truffles when consumed raw.
Black truffle salt is a great alternative to other types of mushroom salt on the market and it is a great way to increase the levels of beneficial bacteria and fungi growing in your garden. If you choose a good quality product, you should be able to enjoy the tasty, succulent mushrooms and the benefits of the beneficial bacteria that can help to kill off harmful fungi.